[Dixielandjazz] Hurricane relief

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 09:25:12 PDT 2005

Thought you should know about the International Assoc. for Jazz Education's
hurricane relief efforts: This is from the IAJE website.

Leslie Johnson
_editor at mississippirag.com_ (mailto:editor at mississippirag.com)   OR
_lesliemrag at aol.com_ (mailto:lesliemrag at aol.com)

Hurricane Relief Zone
Hurricane Assistance and Relief  Efforts
IAJE wants everyone who was in the path of hurricane  Katrina to know that
our thoughts and prayers are with you. We have  established a Hurricane Relief
Zone on the IAJE Community Bulletin Board  where those who have been affected
and those who want to help can exchange  information.
How to help
Through our  member-to-member network, you can provide direct assistance to
those in  need. IAJE invites you to post announcements about fund-raising
events or  projects to benefit hurricane victims, to post offers of assistance or
respond directly to members asking for assistance. Offers could include
employment opportunities, housing, telephone calling cards, instruments,  or relief
supplies. We are suggesting that all cash donations be directed  to the
_American Red Cross_ (http://www.redcross.org/) . IAJE can't verify  the integrity
of all events posted on our bulletin board, so we recommend  that you check
them out BEFORE you send money. In the longer term, we will  be working with our
publisher and music products partners to rebuild music  classrooms and
libraries, replace instruments, and assist in every way  possible.
How to ask for help
We invite musicians and music  educators from areas affected by hurricane
Katrina to tell IAJE members how we  may help you immediately and long term.
Please be specific. Give us your name  and tell us how we may contact you. Please
be aware that our members will want  to verify your information before we can
assist you. You may also contact IAJE  directly by e-mail to _info at iaje.org_
(mailto:info at iaje.org)  or by calling (785)  776-8744.
How to log on
Click_ ENTER  COMMUNITY_ (http://www.conferencing.org:8080/~iaje) . If you
have visited the bulletin board before,  enter your user name and password. If
this is your first visit, click the "new  users" button to create your user
name and password. Once you are logged in,  look for "Hurricane Assistance" on
the left. Click the plus sign to view  messages, then click on message titles to
read and post messages related to this  discussion. For more detailed
instructions on how to log on and post messages on  the IAJE bulletin board, go to
_BULLETIN  BOARD_ (http://www.iaje.org/iaje.aspx?pid=66) .