[Dixielandjazz] Fw: CITYFOLK Relates How You Can Help Artists Affected by the Hurricane!

Jazzadvocate (Ron Gable) jazzadvocate at kbcom.net
Sat Sep 3 08:57:26 PDT 2005

Dear list mates,

To let you know some of what going on in Dayton, Ohio:

    Jazz Advocate has been asked to help publicize a special "Save the
Crescent City Benefit at Gilly's" on Monday, September 12, 2005 at 7 p.m.
the finest jazz musicians and performers in the greater-Dayton area will
gather at Gilly's nightclub for a Benefit for the victims of hurricane
Katrina.
     The Sept. 12 tribute at Gilly's will be anchored by the Eddie
Brookshire big band but before the night is over stellar musicians such as
Khalid Moss, Serious Young Musicians, Raymond Herring, Suzette Little, Miss
Theresa, John Slate, Chris Bowman, Rick Evans and many others will donate
their time and talents to this event.  The entire community is invited to
this crisis outreach. There will be a voluntary donation and 100% of all
monies collected will go to hurricane relief.  If you wish to contribute to
this event or have any questions, call Ron Gable at (937) 371-4953.

What follows is a message with a couple of good places that can help the
music in areas that need it: