[Dixielandjazz] RELIEF FUND FOR NEW ORLEANS MUSICIANS

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 07:09:36 PDT 2005

martno1 at aol.com [mailto:martno1 at aol.com] wrote

> If anybody hears anything about a relief fund set up that focuses on New
> Orleans musicians, could you email me with the information? I'm involved
> with our local jazz club, the Potomac River Jazz Club, and a couple of our
> local musicians who have spent time in New Orleans, Howard Kadison and David
> Sager, have proposed we start planning a benefit concert.
> Thanks, Audrey Van Dyke

Hi Audrey & List mates.

Check the following Harry Connick site for an existing Relief Fund solely
for the benefit of New Orleans Musicians.

<http://connick.com/nolarelief/>

Perhaps every jazz club/society in USA could do a benefit concert and/or set
up a donation booth at ALREADY SCHEDULED EXISTING CONCERT(S). Then the money
could be sent to the fund on the Connick site. Bands might also set up
donation jars at their gigs and forward the money. Simple enough to do and
could be accomplished very quickly. We could all send a personal donation
too.

Other, more general, donations may be made to the following (partial list):

CASH DONATIONS

American Red Cross - 800-435-7669
Operation Blessing - 800-436-6348
America's Second Harvest - 800-344-8070

CASH and/or VOLUNTEER SERVICE DONATIONS

Adventist Community Services 800-381-7171
Catholic Charities USA - 703-549-1390
Christian Disaster Response - 941956-5183 0r 941-551-9554
Christian Reformed World Relief Committee - 800-848-5818
Church World Service - 800-297-1516
Convoy of Hope - 417-823-8998
Lutheran Disaster Response - 800-638-3522
Mennonite Disaster Service 717-859-2210
Nazarene Disaster Response 888-256-5886
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance - 800-872-3283
Salvation Army - 800-725-2769
Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief Fund 800-462-8657 Ext 6440
United Methodist Committee on Relief 800-554-8583

Or visit the web site for National Voluntary Organizations Active in
Disaster (NVOAD) http://www.nvoad.org

Lots of ways to help if you choose.

Cheers,
Steve