[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans musician survivors

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Thu Sep 1 07:31:40 PDT 2005

This just in from the Jim Cullum monthly newsletter JAZZ ME NEWS
(jazzmenews at landing.com).  Maybe some of the information was picked up
from the DJML postings.  Glad to hear that Duke and Evan are also OK.

>>[Note from the Editor: As we go to press, the news is full of the
tragic losses in New Orleans. On a positive note, we thought you would
like to know that our friends and fellow musicians Evan Christopher,
Duke Heitger, Connie Jones and Banu Gibson, who live in New Orleans,
have reported in that they and their families have survived Katrina.]

Norman Vickers