[Dixielandjazz] Newcomer comments...

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Sep 1 01:30:16 PDT 2005

The following came from a newcomer to the list.

Btw, this is my first post to DJML. As I understand it, to reply you replace
the address of the post you're replying to with the DJML address?  I guess
I'll find out if this goes through.

And, I answer:

All done perfectly correctly, newcomer.  Only one little glitch is that I
can't address you by your name as you didn't mention it!  Write again with a
small (or large) introduction to yourself.  You'll find that this list is
more of a "family" than others.

Welcome!

As for your comments on the discussion of "warm" sound of analogue vs. the
"cold" of digital.  As the Neve distributor for Spain, I am holding back
from getting into the frying pan with this subject, but will eventually give
my opinion on the list.  (I'm very pro digital, by the way!)   :>

Neve makes excellent quality, expensive audio consoles, and while they still
manufacture analogue consoles, I have sold some 35 digital consoles to 0
analogue consoles over the last few years.  The cost range is in the 100's
of thousands of dollars for both types, so I'm not discussing a small
decision when one desides on digital or analogue.

Today's world is digital.  No use worrying about it.  Even the most costly
analogue recordings go into the digital domain, back to analogue, and then
usually end up digital again for the consumer.  So, where's all the
"warmth"?

Oops!  I was going to leave my comments for a later discussion, wasn't I?
:>

Cheers,  Jim
www.kashprod.com