[Dixielandjazz] Re: Tempos - more...

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 23 02:42:18 PDT 2005

Dear Tom and Eric,
I am not entering into this thread.
But I suspect that you, and the others involved in this discussion, are all
basically right.
Our band often varies tempos for the same tune.
But I can see Eric's argument about Lu Watters' tempos for his own
compositions.
However, as my name has been mentioned (thanks Tom, always like to see it in
print) I will state categorically that there is no way I am surrendering
Tom's 'treasured gifts'.
I am after all, first and foremost, a record collector.
And I have never said that Tom's band style is not my favourite.
Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't consider saying so openly.
'Cos me mum brung me up to always be polite.
8>)
Regards,
Bill.