[Dixielandjazz] Wonder what is wrong with music in Schools today ?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 09:10:12 PDT 2005

Hi Larry...take away his mouthpiece! That's like putting Vaseline on the bow
of the smart-ass string player who keeps messing around...
My last year teaching band I had a jerky kid who transferred in from NY-8th
grade. He was a general pain in the ass before band started...everyday! He
wouldn't sit down, just wandered around talking and disrupting the scene,
when I would ask him nicely to sit down and take out his trumpet, he told me
F-you...in front of the whole band...to get him to the office down the hall
was almost impossible.."Don't touch me", F-you, over and over...one inch
steps to the office...in 35 years of teaching I never had a problem like
that, then my last two months this kid appears! The vice-principle wouldn't
do ANYTHING!!! I got out of teaching JUST barely before I murdered and
dismembered that kid! :~) (and a TRUMPET player yet!!!)
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.