[Dixielandjazz] Weddings & parties

Richard Stevens thejazzfactory at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 9 12:26:08 PDT 2005

Hi All,
Weddings are our most profitable performances. That's because we are the
difference between boring and beautiful!

The party (and that's what it turns out to be) has all age groups and with a
bit of luck we can find one of the grannies who sings.

The photographer has just been paid $2500 cash in advance for his work.

The car hire guy is smirking about the $2000 he just got to drive a couple
of old cars the 10ks from the church to the reception.

We tell the organiser to have a DJ ready to start after we have finished. He
only gets $350 'cause he isn't a band like us, only playing CDs

The caterer gets $60 per head for the food and gouges the drinks too!

Our price includes a table, drinks and plenty of breaks for the speeches. We
have a funky bracket ready for when the dj is supposed to go on which we
play for the young party animals. That way the dj is left at the end with
100 or so drunk and exhausted jazz fans.

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net