[Dixielandjazz] Cheap bookers

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 18:19:05 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/29/05 6:12:02 PM, larrys.bands at charter.net writes:

> Oh absolutely but it 's the people that go in and entertain for free or
> at very low cost.  You know like a donation.

Hi:
On the subject of donations or discounts:
What I do with my Greek band is this.   If I decide to donate my fee only, or
if my wife and I want to do that, or if everyone wants to donate, I still
charge the church or charitable group the entire regular amount.
Then...   I will write them a check of my donation.   That way they're used
to paying the FULL amount, and they learn how much that really is.   I don't
really discount anything, because it might give them the wrong idea....   :-)
John