[Dixielandjazz] Kid Howard biography

brian at radiojazz.co.uk brian at radiojazz.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 22:44:16 PST 2005

be able to tell you all that I am now in the final stages of preparing Kid
Howard's biography for the publishers. We finally managed to track down his
daughter and she has contributed a major interview.

There is however one missing piece of the jigsaw that a listmember maybe
able to help with.
In the latter part of 1962? Associated Press apparently put out a piece that
ran in daily newspapers "coast to coast" featuring the Kid Howard - John
Casimir - Albert Warner "Young Tuxedo Jazz Band" then playing at
Preservation Hall. The piece - according to Grayson Mills - had photos of
Casimir and Howard. We really need to have sight of a copy of one of those
reports. If anyone can help we'd be eternally grateful.
Thanks - hopefully! - Brian Harvey