[Dixielandjazz] Circle of 5ths

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Nov 7 11:05:05 PST 2005

In one direction its fourths and in the other it's 5ths.  I think
clockwise on the circle it's fifths and counterclockwise it's foruths.
.
The V7 (five seven) resolves to I the root so C7 (V7 of F) resolves to F
(I) In the case of the key of F then the V7 of it is C7.  If you notice
around the circle in one direction you get the sharp keys and in the
other you get the flat keys (4ths)  C, G, D, A , E, B, F if you read it
left to right you get the sharp keys (fifths) and the flat keys
(fourths) from right to left.
Larry Walton
St. Louis