[Dixielandjazz] Circle of 5ths

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 05:19:01 PST 2005

Hey guys and girls,
    The Circle of Fifths goes both left and right, or  rather clockwise and
counter clock wise. The sharp keys go clockwise  (right):
     C - G - D - A - E - B - F# (Gb) - C# (Db)
And the flat keys go counter clockwise (left):
    C - F - Bb - Eb - Ab - Db (C#) - Gb (F#)

That's the Circle Of Fifths as I learned it from an old Professor when I
learned classical theory (Willie Richter) at age 12, while in training to become
the church organist. No device has been more useful in my experience as an
arranger, composer, jazz pianist.

Ed Metz