[Dixielandjazz] Circle of 5ths

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Mon Nov 7 03:01:41 PST 2005

John

My understanding is it goes (anti clockwise is how I know some of it)
C->F->Bb->Eb->Ab-> Db etc

So using semitones (both black and white pianp keys) you would have
C,Db,D,Eb,E,F  five keys between C and F
or
F, Gb,G,Ab,A,Bb
ETC.

To the best of my knowledge this is the reason it is called the "Circle of
Fifths"

Phil O'Rourke
Tenor Washboard
Australia