[Dixielandjazz] Re: A 440

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Nov 5 15:08:04 PST 2005

Bob and DJML--
     What?  Middle 'C' (whether on a piano or not) is customarily
played at 440 cycles per second (or frequency), which is the same as
440 Hz ('Hertz').   Aren't 'frequency', 'cps', and 'Hz' different
terms for exactly the same thing?
     Or i'm not understanding you.  What's this number "261.63 Hz"?

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**      "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"
**            -- Charlie McCarthy  (Edgar Bergen, 1903-1978)