[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 34, Issue 60

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Thu Nov 3 20:41:11 PST 2005

Ben,

Isn't the 300 mA rating the max current output rating of the power supply?
The actual load (current drawn) would be determined by the input
impedence/resistance of the keyboard which would, in this instance be 50 mA.
So long as the voltage is correct the device utilizing a lower demand that
the power supply can provide should work fine.  Now if the keyboard demands
a higher load than the power supply utilizes, then you'd have problems.

In my opinion the power supply should work quite well without the keyboard
going up in a puff of smoke so long as the voltage (9V) is correct.

Or perhaps I should have stayed awake in engineering school.

What was that expolsion I just heard?

:-)

Dick