[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Goes To College

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri May 20 18:17:38 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/20/05 1:07:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
civanj at adelphia.net writes:

> That was priceless, Steve. It hits lots of chords. Like what the hell are
> some of those
> kids doing in college in the first place, and look what has become of their
> awareness of
> almost anything that is not on MTV?
> Oy veh!!
>
> Craig

Well, folks, most of them are going to College to get a High School
education, and major in girls and recess, many others are on scholarships to play
Football or some other sport.

I have some friends who went to college because their father did not want
them to be carpenters like him, four years later they came back home and went to
work as carpenters for the old man because they were not qualified to do
anything else with their college degree and diploma.   They have all done well
financially however from building houses and selling them just like their dear old
daddy did, but the best part is they had all Daddy's money to back them.

The system has been broken for a long long time and I don't see any thing on
the horizon that looks like change to fix it either.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins