[Dixielandjazz] Streaming Video for Dixie

Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com Jeffmatthews111 at aol.com
Wed May 18 01:45:48 PDT 2005

Hi all,

It is a great idea for the band to stream video performances. But
connections have to be of a good speed your end for it to work really  well.

I started a 'classic jazz' band in January this year and we are going
strong. I am using streaming video in a unique way to promote the band. I email  a
clip of the band playing so that the venue/booker can see and hear us in a
real situation.

The system I use works near enough 100% of the time and I am willing to
share the details off list for anyone interested in the easy mthods of doing  this.

I am interested in ideas for tunes for marching bands. We have just
completed our first outside gig under the shadow of the imposing Ludlow castle  here
in the UK. We were right by the riverside. You can gues what our warm up
number was. We have a marching band booking coming up and I want to be  well
prepared for that. All ideas and anecdotes very welcome. I am a  learner.

Jeff Matthews