[Dixielandjazz] Stage Business

Henry Mason hcmsjo at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:29:01 PDT 2005

On 5/18/05, Charles Suhor <csuhor at zebra.net> wrote:
> Some lines NOT to use with an unresponsive crowd--
>
> Is that an audience, or an oil painting?
>
> I thought I heard the sound of one hand clapping.
>
> I gotten more reactions from a goldfish.
>
> A dead goldfish.
>
> A picture of a dead goldfish.

On a show we played once,  our male singer took an advance look around
the curtain at the audience, turned to the band and said...

"The average age of our audience is deceased!"

The band broke completely up and of course at that moment the curtain
opened.    The joke was on him though,  that was a great and very
responsive crowd.

Henry