[Dixielandjazz] Re: Actors faking playing

Patrick Cooke amazingbass at cox.net
Wed May 4 11:21:34 PDT 2005

      I remember a movie in a Russian settiong with Sean Connery.  He
"played" sop sax, and the running theme in the movie was the sop sax playing
What Is This Thing Salled Love.  It was a good one.

       It may come as a surprise to some that even musicians fake playing in
movies, especially when they are part of the background in a party or club
scene.
    In the making of a movie and several commercial filmings, on every
occasion the music was already selected before we even got there.  All we
had to do was look like we were playing what was on the recording.  We were
even asked to look more animated during the filming.
       Pat Cooke