[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sweet Fields, First Choice

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Wed May 4 03:30:43 PDT 2005

Sorry Bill and DJMLers, I could only find "traditional" as the author.
The 1955 Eureka Brass Band is the first recording that I could find of this
tune.
The rest of the recordings mainly appear to be from British bands starting
with Colyer.
It has been recorded in USA by a couple of bands but these bands have either
a Pom as leader or playing in the band (the Colyer influence?).
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia