[Dixielandjazz]Some More Outstanding Tuba (& Banjo) work.

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon May 2 09:41:38 PDT 2005

For you Tuba devotees.

Though it might well not compare to a Tuba playing the Clarinet part
on "High Society" (nor the Tuba in the "Canadian Brass" playing "The Flight
of the Bumble Bee") you might check out one of the Independence hall records.
(DOn't have it handy at the moment, but Steve Barbone sent me a great CD
by them, where the Tuba and Banjo play a duet called "Beehoven's 5 1/2"
- not to much  of the "B Fifth" in  it, but great work by both instruments
on "Dark Eyes" within that track.

Craig