[Dixielandjazz] Some More Outstanding Tuba on the Radio/Internet this Thursday May 5th and also May 19th

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon May 2 11:00:19 PDT 2005

I will  be doing a Pre-International Tuba Day radio special on KFJC
89.7FM in the San
Francisco/San Jose Bay Area (and streaming live - no archive- on the
internet at http://www.kfjc.org/netcast/index.php )
Time: This Thursday, May 5th 10AM - 2PM PDT
(the same time slot as the Jazz Parade and Jazz Currents normally heard
each week.)

I will be spanning the full range of the "Greater Tuba Family" and I
will try to get to all sorts of styles - from "pre-classic" and "Jazz"
"extreme" - however, I know I will not be able to get to everybody's
favorites in 4 hours.

Some of Dan's lists will be included.

Some things that I don't get to this week may fit
in to the other special I will be doing on Thursday May 19th in the
same time slot. I call this 2nd show  "Brass Insanity" and I will be
exploring all kinds of modern brass ensembles from around the world.
Most of what I will be doing on this show will be bands from Europe and
North America but India and probably South America will also be
represented.

Please tune it for either or both shows - I think you will find some
unusual music of interest!

Dave Richoux