[Dixielandjazz] Rampaging Squid

Dick Baker box2 at twotonbaker.com
Thu Mar 24 09:59:41 PST 2005

Marty Nichols reported that

"I'm pleased to report that OKOM is doing very well each Sunday, 5 pm to 9
pm at "Squid Lips Restaurant" on the River in Sebastian FL. The last
several weeks the band has played to a packed house. Some Dixie, and a lot
of "good ole good ones" sung by Debbie Murphy as well as most of the
musicians from time to time. Here's the line up of regulars and featured
players..."

Which reminds me that the last time I visited Toledo I heard a new band
made up of youngsters.  Its name:  Dixie Squid (see
http://www.dixiesquid.com/).  Unfortunately, Dixie Squid's host restaurant,
Ragtime Rick's, has gone dark -- which means they're at liberty and would
be available for guest appearances in Sebasian, FL.

   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
             box2 at twotonbaker.com