[Dixielandjazz] Slide trombones

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Mon Mar 21 15:13:50 PST 2005

I'm sorry to have to correct you, Paul. If you slice a cone parallel to
it's axis, one does not get a parabola, but a starnge piece of material
whose mathematical description depends upon whether the cone was solid
or hollow. On the other hand, if you remove the skirt from the girl at
the bar, fill it with straw, set it on the floor on its hem, take a
sharp box-cutter and slice it  horizontally, you will find that, by the
time you have done all this, the trombone player will have disappeared
with the girl.