[Dixielandjazz] Re: Country Washburne and tuba

l.swain at comcast.net l.swain at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 21:11:36 PST 2005

On 19 Mar 2005 at 3:52, Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>  I thought my reserve upon hearing this fabulous intelligence was
> impressive, as i only lost consciousness three times while making
> sterterous inhalations. I asked Jim if perhaps i could copy these
> manuscripts and recordings for posterity, and he agreed.

Ooops! New word. What does it mean?  Helps to have it spelled
correctly.

ster·tor ( n.
A heavy snoring sound in respiration.
[New Latin, from Latin stertere, to snore.]
sterto·rous adj.

Wow.  What a list. where else could I have learnt this?
Dan is a very funny guy.  Hope we meet some day (going to Port Washington in April?).

Larry

Laurence Swain
l.swain at comcast.net
617 (571) 7885