[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 27, Issue 40

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 21:09:04 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/18/05 8:49:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bcassady at booze-bros.com writes:

> David Richoux <tubaman at batnet.com> writes...
>
> Hey! - Shatner has always been a hot request at KFJC
> ========================
> Oh Gawd, this ain't the Kentucky Fried Jazz Classic, is it?
>
> Bob R, I agree with Molly :-)

I would classify Shatner as Classic  Redneck Jazz, and yes Kentucky Fried
Chicken would
be the best sponsor for his tour dates.  :))

But what the Heck if Rod Stewart can become our newest American Song Book
Crooner, look for Willie Nelsen to record and sell twenty million copies of the
Rudy Valle song book, there is obviously a market for it with the current
musical taste of Americans.

Perhaps we will also see a Monster Hit of Perry Como and Andy Williams
greatest hits done by Snoop Doggy Dog, and Kaye Star's greatest hits done by the
artist known as .fitty cent.   If they live long enough.

I think it's time to turn the tide folks, maybe we could get Anita O'Day and
Debbie Reynolds to team up and do a Greatest Rap Hits recording and sell it to
them young rappers, or maybe Andy and Mickey Rooney doin' Rap duets over
Glenn Miller soundtracks.  Ya hear what I'm sayin?    How about Norah Jones does
Big Mamma Thornton and Ma Rainey tributes.

Now I heard dat man!
Gotta be Creative these days folks if ya wanna get a Major Record Deal.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins