[Dixielandjazz] Original(?) Roll the Patrol online

Dick Baker box2 at twotonbaker.com
Tue Mar 15 16:18:25 PST 2005

"Roll the Patrol" has popped up here several times; it's a tune I ran
across in researching the life and music of namesake, Dick "Two Ton"
Baker.  I've now put it at the Two Ton web site, at
http://twotonbaker.com/2ton/music/mp3s/m-2186-patrol.mp3.

I've looked high and low and can find no evidence of any other recording of
the song before this one (1949) or after until the Black Dogs
"rediscovered" the song in 1989 or so.  If anybody knows of any other
recordings before 1989, I'd like to know about it.

   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
             box2 at twotonbaker.com