[Dixielandjazz] "Oriental Jazz"

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Mar 15 17:59:29 PST 2005

I did not see that message from David Littlefield yet - maybe a hick-up
in my mail?

If you dig into the root meanings of "Oriental" and "East" you
eventually end up with the goddess "Eastre" (or Ostara, Ostare, Ostern,
Eostre, Eostra, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos, Ishtar, and
Ashtur ) which is why I am doing this mini-special on March 24th. ;-)

Here is a pretty good dictionary explanation of "Oriental" from the
American Heritage Dictionary 2000 ed.: