[Dixielandjazz] Re: Original(?) Roll the Patrol online

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 16 22:07:41 PST 2005

Dear Dick,
Congratulations.
What a great site
  twotonbaker.com
The information regarding Two Ton Baker is extremely informative and
comprehensive. The extensive sound clips are an added bonus.
There should be sites more like this.
Up until the "Roll The Patrol' thread started on the list a little while
back I had never heard of the other Dick Baker.
Using your discography, I found that I have the two Decca sides recorded
with the Hoosier Hot Shots on 13 Nov 1946. "Sioux City Sue/You Two Timed Me
One Time Too Often".
(Incidentally, your listing does not list the trombone/alto horn on these
two titles.)
All we need to do now is track down Howard Marks, the composer of "Roll The
Patrol".
Maybe listmate Phil O'Rourke (our resident Western Swing expert) can check
his files.
Kind regards,
Bill.