[Dixielandjazz] Ragtime Composers Index has disappeared

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Sat Mar 5 02:35:48 PST 2005

I have had the same problem with wonderful webpages disappearing, thinking
they would be there forever.  Fortunately, there is an limited archive of
the WWW, located at:  http://www.waybackmachine.org/

Just type in your url in the search box, and if it is archived, a calendar
of archive dates is presented before you.  In this case, if you look for the
Geocities webpage, I'm guessing the url used to be:
http://www.geocities.com/pfw8015/ shows a last updated page of December
2003.

You won't find downloads available on the waybackmachine, but if it is html
based information you are looking for, you will be in luck.  No idea how
long the waybackmachine will stay in business, but, if you wish to keep
valuable information you find on the web, and suddenly cannot find it
anymore, I'd recommend going to this wonderful resource and grabbing what
you can.

As a final note, you might want to look for the webpage author's contact
information and email him.  He might have moved it to another url.

--
Snogpitch

snogpitch at prodigy.net
ICQ: 4989342