[Dixielandjazz] Astute observation of reality

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 10:16:55 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/2/05 6:14:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, Loerchen2 at aol.com
writes:

> Tom,
>
> I'd have to agree with you there -- every night that I go out to hear OKOM,
> there will be at least one or two large groups of Asian tourists who are
> seriously into the music.  Many of them tell us that they came to New Orleans
> specifically to hear our local bands (and I'm surprised at how many of them are
> musicians too).
>
> Sue

Hi Sue:

There is also a nice man in Japan named Yoshio Toyama that collects money
there and comes to New Orleans every year and buys instruments for the poor
school kids in New Orleans.

Anyone interested in writing him any words of encourgement can email him at:

Saints at js9.so-net.ne.jp

He runs an organization called:
  Wonderful World of Jazz Foundation.
Now that is a real OKOM fan.

Cheers,  Arigato :))   Teriyaki, sauce goes well on about anything, maybe
even crawfish :))

Tom Wiggins