[Dixielandjazz] European OKOM Society ???

Peter Sr. De Bruyn peterdebruyn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:29:17 PDT 2005

This message is especially forwarded to European participants to this list !
 Dear friends, is there, in Your opinion, a need for the creation of an
European OKOM Society ?
Most topics and subjects on this list do actually concern things that are
happening in the USA.
But over here, in Europe, there is also a large Jazz scene and a great
number of Jazz Festivals are organised !
Could'nd or should'nt we consider to create an organisation, dedicated to
OKOM, that would make it it's core bussiness, to
intermediate international European contacts between musicians ?
Even further, a European Society, could offer a possible support for
American or Australian or Asian misicians,
to come over here and play with "Our" bands.
 Please send me all Your thoughts about it.
 Peter De Bruyn
Trombonist/Leader "Dawn Square Jass Band"
Flandres
Belgium