[Dixielandjazz] Guy Lombardo, a hip 1930s band. - was The Chicken Song

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Tue Jun 21 21:44:04 PDT 2005

I have an LP of a Carnegie Hall concert led by Jimmy McPartland.  When he
introduces Singleton, he pronounces it as if it were Zooty with a short "oo"
sound.

Since McPartland is from Chicago, the best I could say is the way he
pronounced it was the way an American Midwesterner would pronounce the "oo"
in "book," "hook(er)," or "look."