[Dixielandjazz] Swin those songs was NEW TUNES FOR OKOM?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 19 12:45:37 PDT 2005

LARRY at sign.guy at charter.net wrote: (polite snip)

> Let's face it the kids hear music differently than we did and the stuff they
> write just won't work any more than adapting Bach or Mozart to swing or
> rock.

I'm not so sure. IMO kids hear the same way we do, they just never get to
hear much OKOM or Swing these days except in my territory, or in Europe.

I also think the music of guys like Bach is swinging somewhere in the world
every minute. I can think off hand of swinging renditions of Bach, Brahams,
Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Verdi and a whole host of other classical composers.
Listen to Louis on Muscrat Ramble "Ambassador Satch" and you'll hear a few
swinging quotes from them classical fellas.

I even do a little of it myself and though I'm just a hack, I sure as hell
know how to make the music swing.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone