[Dixielandjazz] obscure and sissiefied tunes

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 10:10:45 PDT 2005

Hi Ed and others...
In my book, here's the 12 tune list for "SET C"...notice no "Pizza Parlor
Tunes".

Annie Street Rock................... Lu Watters, 9/10/'44.
My Sweet Baby Doll............... George Thomas, '23. Recorded by Oliver,
10/25/'23.
Yerba Buena Blues.................. Lu Watters.
Happy Feet..............................vocal, Bill Gunter, arr. by Kurt
Abell.
Camp Meeting Blues............... Miles Davis :~). (Composer unknown to me,
Robin Wetterau guessed :~)
Coon Hollow Capers........... ...1899,Gillis, performed by the Queen City
Concert Band, Sedalia, Mo. Scott Joplin was 2nd cornet!
(All of this is according to my records).
Sukiyaki For Two Cornets...... Tom Barnaby, 1988.
Cakewalkin' Babies.................. vocal duet, Gunter and Spitzer.
I'll Be A Friend With Pleasure... Bix?, vocal by Spitzer.
Amazing Grace........................ dbl bell trio.
Words.................................... composer, and date unknown to
me...HELP!
Down In Jungle Town...............vocal, Gunter, composer unknown to me,
(MAYBE a "Pizza Parlor tune!)

We keep the tunes short most of the time because of the age of the
dancers...at the end of the tune they sometimes give me a look of
relief,,,hopefully it's because they were tired!!!
We have sets A through J, similar tunes, most of which are unheard and
unfamiliar to the masses.
I'm always looking for tunes that are obscure. One of my favorite composers
is Walter Donaldson, a fantastic composer who wrote some really great tunes,
and lots of them...look him up! A bunch of sets could be played just using
his tunes.
Outahere,
Warm regards,
Bob Romans