[Dixielandjazz] obscure tunes

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 14 08:37:02 PDT 2005

On Monday, June 13, 2005, at 10:55 PM, Snogpitch wrote:

> Last weekend I saw West End Jazz Band.  Here is what their own
> website (
> http://www.westendjazzband.com/ ) says about themselves:
>
> Our specialty is playing the music of the 1920s and 1930s in a hot
> dance
> style.
>
> I enjoyed it

This is an interesting bunch of good musicians, very likable people,
and a generally all-around fun bunch.  I've played with them many
times and always enjoyed them.   The leader, Mike, plays equally well
on any brass instrument--trumpet, cornet, trombone, tuba and (I'd
assume) on French horn or whatever: he's a very good player.   His
wife, on banjo, is a sturdy supporter, and they hire other players as
needed.  I agree in recommending these folks to any prospective
contractors.  You'll love 'em!

Charlie Hooks