[Dixielandjazz] Miscellaneous Ramblings (Ringwald, Mason, Belmessieri et al.)

Tom Belmessieri tbelmo at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:04:57 PDT 2005

Hey Steve,

My clarinetist occasionally suffers from the same awkward thumb placement,
thus creating a callus and cramp in his hand after many hours of playing.
He is considering moving that little thumb knuckle to make it more
comfortable with his way of holding the instrument.  If I see any other good
suggestions out there, I'll pass them on to him.  (How about a thumb sock?
Could start a trend.)

Tom B.