[Dixielandjazz] Sacto comments

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Mon Jun 6 22:32:42 PDT 2005

I for one had fun at Sac this year. One good thing about forgoing the
Riverwalk recording marathon at the Crest was that we got to travel
around to a lot of the venues and play for a lot more of the folks at
the festival. And, although we didn't fill every seat at every venue
like some bands, we had fairly big crowds for the most part who seemed
to like what we did. Also, we got Bob Havens to sit in with us twice,
also Dave Kosyma on cornet. What great players!

I also enjoyed my first F2F aboard the Delta King.

The only wrinkle was that we had a couple of long waits for transport
back to the hotel. Mis-communication somewhere. I also had trouble with
my bass trunk with United Airlines both going and coming. They shall
perish in flames! (said by Rick Moranis' character in "Ghostbusters")

mopo

Don Mopsick, Riverwalk Webmaster