[Dixielandjazz] Requests for lead sheets

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Mon Jun 6 22:19:54 PDT 2005

Gary Kiser wrote:

>Don Mopsick asks for the music for :

>>Black Coffee
>>Dreaming the Hours Away
>>Lost (Red Allen)
>>Misty Morning (Ellington)
>>Tia Juana Man (NOT Tia Juana by Larry Conley & Gene Rodemich)
>

>If we pretend that these tunes are being researched for the same
>Riverwalk show, what is the theme of that show?  Perhaps, something
>about drinking a cup o' joe to stay awake after an all night session
>isolated somewhere below the border?

Funny. No, the truth is that we had the great Peter Bullis of the Black
Eagles subbing for Howard Elkins last week, who went on vacation. The
songs are all Peter's suggestions for Jim Cullum. Thanks to Cliff Harper
who directed me toward Black Coffee. Still seeking the other four. Any
help will be appreciated.

Best,

mopo