[Dixielandjazz] Red Lion Sacto. Inn venues clarification

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Mon Jun 6 09:20:20 PDT 2005

Gosh, Bill "air ball air ball air ball" Gunter,
I used to think I had perfect pitch (thanks to Julie Andrews living in my
head singing, "Doe a dear, a female dear..."), but after reading your post,
me thinks not because what I hear at the game is, "hair ball hair ball hair
ball."

But seriously:
>From letters off-list, I see there has been confusion regarding venues at
the Red Lion Sacramento Inn during Jubilee. To clarify:
1) Savanna's Lounge (150 seats) -- While it was not available in 2003, it
was alive and well as a Jubilee venue in 2004 and 2005. It's a great venue,
isn't it? (Excluding that upright piano...)
2) Yosemite Room (250 seats) -- In recent years, this room has presented
trad bands only. You wanted it, you got it.
3) Martinique Room (450 seats) -- No change. You can park yourself here all
weekend and see some of the festival's best musicians take the stage.
4) Poolside (200 seats) -- While it's true that the tent venue no longer
exists in the Red Lion parking lot, I think the Poolside venue is a welcome
change. Hey! It's by the pool!! How cool is that?!? (Very! Sometimes there's
a wind-tunnel effect there.)

So, for any of you who have stayed away due to misunderstandings about the
venues at this hotel, please know that all is well here, and the music is
great!

Love and hugs,
Nancykins, who admits to not being an official Jubilee spokesperson.
Bob Ringwald, Bob Williams, and Burt Wilson can better address these
concerns

------ End of Forwarded Message