[Dixielandjazz] Festival In Hungary

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 15:55:33 PDT 2005

On Sunday, June 5, 2005, at 01:44 PM, Robert S. Ringwald wrote:

> At a restaurant we saw a phenomenal Gypsy band.  They could play
> anything.

I recall that restaurant with chagrin: I made the mistake of giving
the clarinet player one of my cards with my picture on it playing the
clarinet.  He came to the table and spent at least ten minutes
humiliating me with a 500 mph finger breaker right into my face.
Tamas said, "Yeah, well, he's been playing that 3 times a day for the
last 30 years."  I said, "So what?  He can play it and I can't!

It was a great tour, and Tamas is the absolute mostest! He himself is
worth the price: he is my houseguest (as before) anytime he's in
Chicago. Don't miss it!

Charlie