[Dixielandjazz] Festival In Hungary

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sun Jun 5 17:46:06 PDT 2005

I have similar memories.  Sac à Pulses played the SzgeDixie festival in
Szeged, Hungary in 1998.  We had a blast ... well, almost.  That is, the
only negative aspect of the trip was the bomb scare just before the
concert.  The delay caused the organizer to tell everyone to cut back on
their sets.  We only played 40 minutes.

Other than that, the country is beautiful (as are the women), we ate
like kings (loved the carp soup), and the overall 'welcome' was superb.
I got to meet Tamas and had a nice chat.

We too would go back in a heartbeat.

All the best, Gary