[Dixielandjazz] Festival In Hungary

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Jun 5 11:44:12 PDT 2005

I have to second Charlie Hook's comments about the festival in Hungary.  ]

The Boondockers were there last year in 2004 & we had a great time.  We did
5 concerts from one end of Hungary to the other.  Tamas had everything
wonderfully organized.  The music at his festival was superb, including his
own
Bohem Ragtime Jassband.  There is also a young 15-year (probably 16-year old
by now) trombone player there who is very good & will someday be a jazz
giant.

At a restaurant we saw a phenomenal Gypsy band.  They could play anything.
The food was wonderful.  For 5 of us, complete meals, desserts, drinks, tip,
was about $90.

As I remember, the very nice hotels ran about $20 to $30 a night.

The country was beautiful and the people were very gracious & friendly.  We
would go back in a heart beat.

I do encourage anyone wanting a great, inexpensive vacation  good Jazz, to
visit Hungary during the festival.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935