[Dixielandjazz] Re: New Orleans Stomp (Again...)

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Jul 30 10:13:25 PDT 2005

The copyright sheet of NOS says "Armstrong" and is in the same hand as
other Armstrong sheets. The Oliver sheets seem to be in 2 different hands,
one being Armstrong's, the other probably Oliver's. Now as to *which*
Armstrong, Lil or Louis (yes, yes, I know Lil was Hardin at that time, but
not during the Hot 5 period), I would speculate that Lil was probably the
one who wrote and submitted most of the Armstrong sheets to the Copyright
Office.

FWTW.
--Sheik
"Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2 (C)" is out.