[Dixielandjazz] MORE A.S.C.A.P. Saga

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 11:40:32 PDT 2005

Continuing comments and facts about A.S.C.A.P.  SAGA & RIP OFFS

Even the Beloved (by some) American Federation of Musicians  is
involved but obviously useless.

It is time for the Musicians revolution, and a Class ACTION LAWSUIT.

Join it when you see it become available and maybe your great great
grandkids MIGHT one day get $200.00

This is the result of lazy musicians and songwriters looking to let
others folks "PROTECT THEIR RIGHTS"  and collect their money from all
those UnScrupulous Promoters and Radio Stations that would not pay
them.   Yeah Right,  NON- PROFIT TOO

Why are they not on the Governments ORGANIZED CRIME LIST??   hummmm

ain't the numbers racket illegal?  well this is certainly about BIG
NUMBERS and Definitely a RACKET.

ROTFLOL.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

If you want to collect performance royalties you have to join ASCAP,
BMI, or SESAC. (Or other PRO if outside the US). There's no other way
to collect performance royalties.

I guess you could wait till a radio station plays your song and then
sue them for the royalties, but IMO that's worse than being part of the
machine (and no one would ever play your music again).

One advantage of ASCAP is that they have a special awards program.
Basically, you can submit a list of every instance you know of where
your music was played (including your own live shows) and get up to a
couple hundred dollars (per year). I don't think BMI has anything
comparable.

RE:BMI or ASCAP?

What about us?

We have TWO PLATINUM plaques hanging our wall, reems of charting
reports, performance reports...literally a truck load of evidence...and
still not a single penny to show for it from ASCAP. Even with Tons of
proof of legitimate airplay, ASCAP won't even return the American
Federation of Musicians phone calls to give a viable answer as to why?

It's been over 2 1/2 years since the AF&M started this investigation of
our unpaid royalties. Think about this for a second...the American
Federation of Musicians Union...!!!??? ...and they still haven't made
it right with them!? And ASCAP doesn't care...

Special Awards...that's such bullshit. That's ASCAP pittance clique
club. "They are so sorry...so they give a tiny check that's not even
worth the paper it's printed on" Take 2 million spins times 8 cents
per...and roll that figure around for a bit. Then remember...we are NOT
the only ones getting screwed.

You have to wonder where are they getting that extra money to give out
the special awards??? They are Non-profit right?...soooooooo whose
pocket did they steal that money from???

I say forget about your performance rights...it's not worth the time
and energy to climb that impossible mountain. Don't add your name to
their list of never been paids, and give them the satisfaction of
fluffing out their catalog.

Yes we are angry...and we have every right to be...as does every single
artist & publishing company who has never been paid what they were
rightfully due....right along with every single venue they have sued
and extorted from. Wouldn't you be if you were in our shoes??????

Stiffff Kitties

P.S. We believe strongly that what these liars & thieves have sewed
they will eventually reap. It'll be like an abcess that festers and
eventually ruptures. They have left so much bad blood out there...it
will eventually catch up to them...no matter how rich they have become.