[Dixielandjazz] Stereo

Brian Harvey brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 03:07:22 PDT 2005

 Stereo was developed if not invented by a Mr. Blumlein at EMI Hayes in the
UK in the early 1930s. Sadly I do not know his first name. He also developed
new types of recording microphones which were patented. I believe that a
book about his work has been published.
He later worked on the development of radar and was killed whilst in an
unexplained aircraft test flight accident during the 1939-1945 war. There is
a memorial to him and the rest of the crew at the crash site.
His son David is a close friend and he and I have for some years worked on
motor racing research projects.
Brian Harvey