[Dixielandjazz] LPs and tapes to CDs

Ken Gates keng at iswest.com
Sun Jul 24 21:54:03 PDT 2005

I received 40+ inquiries about burning CDs from analog sources using a CD
recorder.
I hope all were answered.
A word of advice.  If you wish to be able to play along with the resulting
CDs, it is important to have a variable speed cassette player or variable
speed record player.  I prefer transferring the selected tune from the LP
to tape first, then before the transfer to CD, I adjust the speed by trial
and error to the keybord I have close by. Tedious for sure, but it sure
is nice to have the pitch right. Many LPs seem to be up to a half tone off.

Having a ball searching for gems to transfer to CDs.

Ken Gates