[Dixielandjazz] Stereo vs Mono

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Sun Jul 24 15:20:12 PDT 2005

I remember some pretty awful stereo records.
Sometimes they would do it with frequency bands and mixing kind of like the
equipment that can remove voices from recordings.  You can go down the
frequencies and pull off different instruments.  Violins and basses would
very easy.  Many of the 50's records were not in stereo and even today the
re mastered ones are not very good.  It's sort of like the colorizing of old
movies.  They are getting better at it but it's still not really good yet.

Larry Walton
St. Louis