[Dixielandjazz] Re: There are verses to "Indiana!"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 21 16:04:02 PDT 2005

Dear Jim,
I too have the words to both verses, but can't help with the music.
[However, while writing this, I note that our dear mate Craig Johnson has
come to our aid, once more.]
When I read your request I wondered, in my usual way, what records contain
the verse.
So I checked the discography and found that I had most of the 30 or so sides
recorded from 1917 up to Lester Young in 1944.
I found only two which feature the verse!
1.  The Original Dixieland Jazz band Columbia 31 May 1917 version (2 takes).
2.  Buck and Bubbles (including the vocal for verse 1) with saxophonist
Freddy Gardner in London on 20 Oct 1926.
Kind regards,
Bill.