[Dixielandjazz] There are verses to "Indiana!"

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Jul 20 23:01:16 PDT 2005

As I continue to build (and typeset in Finale) my own fake book, I keep
running across surprises.

You have probably heard the old joke ....

One musician stops by his neighborhood bar and sees another musician there.
He says, "Did you hear about the terrible tornado in the Midwest?  It
destroyed the biggest bridge in Indiana!"

His friend replied, "That's ridiculous!  There's no bridge in "Indiana!"

Well, I was typesetting "Indiana" this evening, and did a google search to
be sure I had the lyrics right.  There may not be a bridge, but I found not
only the lyrics to the chorus (that we all play), but also lyrics to two
verses.

Anyone have the melody and chords for the verse to Indiana?

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
* Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony
* Eb Bass, The Pacific Brass
* Occasional Tuba, Tommy Bro's Hecker Pass
    All-Star Dixieland Jazz Band
* Occasional Tuba, Mission Gold Jazz Band
* Available for almost any style of music